Wednesday, March 3, 2010

UPCOMING INTERVIEW: Laura Rennert - Author of Children's Book "BUYING, TRAINING, AND CARING FOR YOUR DINOSAUR" & EMMA, THE EXTRA-ORDINARY PRINCESS













Dr. Laura Joy Rennert is the author of the picture book, BUYING, TRAINING, AND CARING FOR YOUR DINOSAUR which was published in the Fall of 2009. Her new highly illustrated book for young readers inspired by her daughter, EMMA, THE EXTRA-ORDINARY PRINCESS is coming Spring 2011.

She speaks at writer's conferences throughout the country and abroad. Dr.. Rennert was awarded her Ph.D. in English literature by the University of Virginia. She has worked as a freelance editor in the United States and Japan, and has nine years of experience teaching on the faculty in the English Departments of the University of Virginia, Osaka University of Foreign Studies, and Santa Clara University. She has published articles in various scholarly journals in the United States and internationally.



FROM HER AUTHOR WEBSITE:

Coming Spring 2011!

Psst. Over here... in the corner of the page. No, I am not the one brushing her golden hair. That's my friend Rapunzel. But this book is not about her. (That's another story.) I'm Princess Emma. And I'm telling this story because I am NOT your typical princess.

I'm in my first year at the Royal Princess Academy. Yes, even Princesses need to go to school. My best friend Rapunzel and I are in the same class. But unlike Rapunzel, I am NOT your usual princess.
I don't like pink.
I'm too clumsy to dance.
I'm always tearing my gowns.
Here are the things I like best:
1. Kicking a soccer ball
2. Playing with my Pug and my Chihuahua
3. Racing my cousin Prince Ben
4. Reading about magical animals and faraway kingdoms
5. Sliding down the castle banisters (Don't tell my mom!)
The most important day of the whole year—the All School Princess Contest—is almost here. I'm a little worried about it. The girls in my family have always outdone themselves in the Contest, but I don't think I'm going to win any trophies. Everyone's always giving me advice on how to be a proper princess. I'm not exactly the star student at school, and some of my classmates are worried I'll make us take last place.

Plus, Lady Mary our teacher just let us know, this year, the boys from the Royal Prince Academy are going to come and help out with the contest. Great. Now even more people will see me mess up!

What if I trip during the royal parade out onto the field? Or accidentally break a glass slipper! What if I do everything wrong?

HELP!


To learn more about Laura Rennert, please visit her website.
To purchase her books, please visit AMAZON and Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Powered By Blogger